Bridlington Tourism Association
Dear potential member,
We would like to thank you for considering being a member of the Bridlington Tourism Association and wanted to let you know what you get for your membership. Our Association represents Tourism providers in Bridlington and surrounding area including Hotels, Guest Houses, Bed & Breakfasts, Self-catering, Holiday Parks, Restaurants, Pubs and Attractions.
1) Monthly meetings (October to May) to keep you informed of the latest in regulations, grants, events, local development information, legal issues and speakers etc.
2) Contact with our hoteliers, guest house, self-catering and other tourism owners offers an opportunity to speak to experienced members for help and advice.
3) Liaison between the Association and the Police means we find out and ring round or e-mail if there are anticipated problems.
4) Regular email up-dates for bad guest alerts (which can save you the loss of payment and the hassle of repairs), scams, offers, local events happening and posters etc. to keep you in the know.
5) Membership card that entitles you to a large range of discounts from local suppliers such as Beavers, Dunelms, Thompson's, C.E.F. Hornsea Carpets and a lot more (please see attached).
6) Quality standards of the BTA are accepted by ERYC thus allowing advertising in the Bridlington Guide and bookings via the Tourist Information Centre's. Inspections to your establishment are carried out by the BTA committee (normally every two years) and are included in the membership fee so saving hundreds of pounds being inspected by Visit Britain/AA (You will not be star rated).
7) Membership also entitles you to a 50% discount in the Bridlington Guide, a saving of £250 up-wards.
8) Keeping everyone up to date with free/subsidized training information, grants and business seminars.
9) Donating money each year to tourist based events and groups so improving the facilities in the town and generating more visitors and over-night stays to help us all, such as the Winmau World Darts Competition.
10) Providing an entry onto the Association's website which offers booking diary among many other attributes including members page.
11) Some organised free visits to local attractions for us to promote them to our guests or visitors.
12) Social and charity events that will enable you to get to know other members and build lasting friendships
13) The BTA working in conjunction with Visit Hull & East Yorkshire to provide the 'Bridlington Passport' - a discount card scheme for the benefit of guests staying with a BTA establishment giving them amazing discounts around Bridlington and the surrounding area for Shops, Attractions, Restaurants etc. Now with new printed offer leaflets available.
14) Regular contact with the local authority and other groups through local forum meetings and Boards to help us influence local decision making, represent the views of our members and also gaining information for our members.
15) Corporate membership to East Riding Leisure Bridlington for £23 a month for their Premier membership which is usually £33 per month, this alone is worth being a member, saving £120 a year.
I do hope you feel we provide a benefit to you all.
|br />Vice President